What are the Scheme aims?
• To maintain and enhance biodiversity in line with the NI Biodiversity Strategy (NIBS) and the NI Programme for Government 2008-2011 by maintaining species diversity through the positive management of farmland habitats and to protect and enhance ASSI/Natura 2000 sites.
• To assist implementation of the Water Framework Directive.
• To enhance landscape and heritage features by integrating their management into the everyday workings of the farm.
What are the eligibility criteria?
• NICMS is open to all farmers and land managers with a trading DARD Farm Business Identifi cation Number and with at least three hectares of eligible land.
• Applications to the Scheme will be invited by us during specifi c periods.
• If there are too many applications for the Scheme, selection criteria and a scoring system may be applied to prioritise entry to the Scheme and to achieve greatest environmental benefit.