The Small Woodland Grant Scheme is specifically for new native woodland planting of 0.20 hectares and larger. The scheme provides a fixed area based payment for woodland establishment, a fencing grant and where eligible annual premia for a 10-year period.
The application portal can now be accessed and is open until end September 2021 for this season’s applications.
We believe it is a very good offer and one of the best grants for small woodland creation available in years.
Some highlights of what’s on offer:
*Offers up to 100% establishment funding (80% year 1 and 20% year 5)
• Annual payment of £350/ha for 10 years for income foregone (active farmers only).
• Retention of Basic Payment Scheme for 20 year commitment (active farmers only).
• Payments for fencing (£6/m)
Follow this link to the DAERA web page and to apply with your Farm Business Number. Guidance on this process is also available through the link. It is anticipated that a forestry agent will be commissioned to carry out your project and we will be happy to assist with this process also.
Another grant open is DAERA Forest Expansion Scheme – sites over 3 Ha (one block)
This scheme offers up to 100% funding including fencing and ground preparation, plus:
• Annual payment for 10 years for income foregone (active farmers only)
• Retention of Basic Payment Scheme for 20 year commitment (active farmers only)
• Payments for ground preparation and fencing
Click here for more details.
The management teams of the Ring of Gullion, the Mournes and Strangford and Lecale AONBs (Areas of Outstanding Nature Beauty) have teamed up with the Woodland Trust to invite interested members of the farming community to sign up for a farm plan project.
To find out more about the Farm Plans and Small Woodland Grant contact Gregor Fulton.
Mobile: 07776 451 534
Email: [email protected]