Food for Life’s “Get Togethers” connects people through the power of good food from growing, cooking and eating.
Food for Life invite applications from schools, churches, care settings, growing and community groups. Our eligible test and learn regions are Newry, Mourne and Down, Fermanagh and Omagh and Belfast district Council areas. These events can be virtual or socially distanced using Government Guidelines. They are offering small grants of £150 from June 2020 to April 2021.
They welcome applications which have a focus on one or more of the following:
- Food activity that has potential to be long term and become a normal and regular activity your community just does
- Food based activity that is community led and created together with the people and communities who will benefit
- Food activity which includes people and groups from disadvantaged and diverse communities
- Activity that brings people, households, streets, neighbourhoods & communities together through food
- Food activity which tackles or reduces experience of loneliness or social isolation for younger and older people in your community
- Food activity which encourages people to have a more positive attitude to ageing and/or people from backgrounds different to their own
- Online and virtual ways to meaningfully Get Together through good food, cooking, growing or sharing
The closing date for the next round is 11th September, click here for more information.
They are also giving away free seeds on registration of an event.
You may want to grow something and celebrate World Food Day on 16th October, households are eligible to apply for these, for more information, click here.
If you require any support, please contact Ann at [email protected]