The Live Here Love Here Rural Community Pollinator Grants are being wholly provided by the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs. They are being promoted through the Live Here Love Here collaborative partnership, involving DAERA, ten Local Councils, Northern Ireland Housing Executive and Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful.
The Rural Community Pollinator Grants Scheme is a pilot Scheme which will provide capital grants from £3,000 to £12,000 covering 95% of costs to community groups and schools wishing to establish, enhance or develop a local community pollinator garden.
The Rural Community Pollinator Grants will support community groups and schools to:
- Increase the biodiversity value of an area by planting for pollinators.
- Transform unused spaces into valued community spaces, adding habitats and greening-up grey spaces.
- Create a positive legacy within a rural community.
- Improve the health and wellbeing of rural communities and aid biodiversity recovery by helping to improve and/or maintain the quality of community spaces.
- Increase civic pride through a programme of community engagement.
- Improve the quality of their local environment by changing behaviour to reduce the incidence of littering and dog fouling.
Click here for more information.