Newry, Mourne and Down are now calling for groups to submit their applications for financial assistance. Applications open on Monday 22nd February 2016 and close at 4pm on Friday 11th March 2016.
- Applications can be collected from and submitted to the receptions in O’Hagan House, Monaghan Row or Downshire Civic Centre
- Applications can be downloaded by clicking here (Applications are also at the bottom of this page)
- This will be the only method of receiving financial assistance from the Council.
- It is anticipated that there will be a number of calls throughout the year, a call for Christmas Illuminations will be opened later in the year.
- The current call has a variety of financial thresholds and any submissions for more or less than this will be deemed ineligible.
The first call is for the following programme areas
- Major/ Minor Events including Community Festivals – Minimum of £500 and a maximum £2,000
- Summer Schemes – Minimum of £500 and a maximum of £1,000
- Community Capital Schemes (Match funding programme) minimum of £15,000 and a maximum of £50,000
- Active and Healthy Communities (Sports Development and Community Engagement) Minimum of £500 and a maximum of £3,000 for Sports Development. Minimum of £500 and a maximum of £1,500 for Community Engagement.
- Arts and Culture Minimum of £500 and a maximum of £750.
- Existing Service Level Agreements need not apply to this process as their current agreement will be dealt with through an interim process.
- Applicants must ensure that they include all the documentation on the checklist in Section 4 and not assume because they have applied before that the council has it.
- All Community events, not on the tourism events list, must apply through this process.
Completed applications must be returned to either the reception in O’Hagan House, Monaghan Row, Newry or Downshire Civic Centre.
Late applications will not be considered.
For further information please contact the Programmes Unit on 028 3031 3024 E-mail: [email protected]