‘Food for Life Get Together’ are holding a training session
This interactive one-day workshop aims to give you confidence to bring your community together, across the
generations, to experience the sharing of good food. You will be shown how this can have enormous benefits to
their health and wellbeing as well as raise awareness and appreciation of home cooked, seasonal foods. Hands-on
therapeutic cooking, growing and sensory activities that encourage reminiscence and engagement between
generations about their food experiences, knowledge and skills.
What you will gain from the day:
• A guide to how you think about making activities inclusive and relevant across generations.
• Confidence to use food activities to encourage reminiscence
• Ideas for connecting cooking, growing and sensory activities
• The ability to plan simple meals, snacks and drinks appropriate for all, and that meets energy and nutritional
• The knowledge and understanding that planning, preparing and sharing freshly prepared food together can be
enjoyable and have important health benefits.
Who is it for?
- This course is for anyone who want to bring different generations together through good food-based activities and share learning with others.
When and where?
- Belfast, Tues 4th February. 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Newry, Thursday 6th February. 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Irvinestown, Wednesday 25th March. 10:00 to 4:00pm
Cost and how to book:
- This is a free course.
- Book by emailing [email protected] Please indicate which session you plan to attend.