The Ring of Gullion Landscape Partnership, with i3 Southern Regional College are running two workshops to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in how social media works. The training can follow on from the video editing and production workshops in September 2015 and is designed to give participants the confidence and ability to promote photos, videos and other relevant social content that would be of interest to visitors coming to The Ring of Gullion region
The workshops will take place on Tuesday 20th and Tuesday 27th October 2015 in the Crossmaglen Community Centre at 19.30 until 21.30.
Workshop 1 – Tuesday 20th October at 19.30 until 21.30
• Introduction to social media – what’s happening in 2015
• Trends 2105 and beyond
• Getting to grips with the main tools and platforms Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat
• Exploring Facebook & Twitter 1
• Using url shorteners and understanding the lingo @, DM, RT #Hashtags
• Promoting a 30 second video on social media Twitter Video, Flipagram
Workshop 2 – Tuesday 27th October at 19.30 until 21.30
• Review of progress
• Exploring Facebook & Twitter 2
• Introduction to social media scheduling – Hootesuite
• Introduction to Facebook and Twitter Advertising
• Tools to understand and measure impact on Social Media
• Adding captions to pictures with Instagram, Snapchat, and PostermyWall
Participants should bring mobile devices, phones and tablets.
To secure your place drop into the Crossmaglen Community Centre with a £5 booking fee.