Volunteers restore St. Jude’s Church, Camlough
Last autumn volunteers and staff from Mourne Cooley Gullion Geotourism, the Camlough Heritage Society and Ring of Gullion AONB joined forces to restore the inside of St. Jude’s church, Camlough. St. Jude’s church of Ireland church was built in 1774 by Primate Robinson and was consecrated in 1784. The volunteers cleared the litter, grass, brambles and trees which had taken up residence inside the church.
It is hoped that over time the site will be restored to a point where it can be used by the local community for events. Follow the on going work here.