Solstice literally means light standing still. This nurturing midsummer evening retreat is a perfect time to allow your mind and body to rest.
Reconnect with the healing gifts of nature during our mindful walk within the haven of Slieve Gullion forest. Ann Ward, local Meditation Coach and Shinrin-Yoku (forest-bathing) practitioner will introduce you to forest-bathing and the many holistic benefits of the practice.
Tessa Ann Greer, founder of the Sound Healing Spa and Associate Teacher with the Colour of Sound Institute will introduce you to Sound Healing. This is an ancient tradition that uses the powerful properties of sound to assist with balancing our physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Sound has been scientifically proven to have a positive vibrational impact on the body and is often referred to as vibrational medicine. Tessa Ann will support you to tap into the power of your voice as your own sound healing tool. She will lead a sound bath workshop at Ann’s cosy meditation space ‘the Hut’ in the village of Meigh.
Our sensory experience includes fresh summer strawberries and water infused with fresh lemon and lime, tea (including herbal) /coffee and shortbread.
Special notes for guests
- Meeting at the entrance to the Giant’s Lair, Slieve Gullion Forest Park at 6.30pm.
- Please advise us of any health conditions or mobiity issues.
- Wear warm, comfortable walking gear including walking boots or walking shoes. Bring a small rucksack, waterproofs, hat and gloves and an extra layer as we will be sitting and standing still during the guided meditations in the forest.
- Please bring a yoga mat, pillow and blanket for the sound healing workshop.
- Also, please advise us of any special dietary requirements or any other needs and we will do our best to accommodate you during this special experience.
Cost: £35 per person – Fully booked