Through this fun, compelling experience, you are asked to Sing for Your Supper in the company of the traditional Irish singer, songwriter, and ambassador for the arts – Colleen Savage – and acoustic guitarist and storyteller, Pádraig Carragher.
By soft lighting and the warmth of a fire, hear live renditions of traditional folk songs, folklore and poetry that originated in the magical Ring of Gullion landscape, documenting the stories of its people over centuries.
A musician yourself? Bring your instrument, take to the floor and share with us a tune or a song – or even a yarn or two!
Guided by your hosts, learn how to sing a local traditional song in return for a hearty bowl of homemade vegetable stew served with locally made Mac’s Armagh craft cider.
- Stroll Johnny’s Trail at Bluebell Lane with over 22,000 native trees to reach the Roundhouse;
- Be entertained with local song, story and poetry from the Ring of Gullion;
- Learn a local traditional Irish song, ending with a lively singalong.
- Lyric sheet provided in English and Irish Language – with phonetics where necessary
- For your efforts you will receive a bowl of home cooked traditional vegetable stew;
- 2 pints bottles of Mac’s Armagh Cider or freshly pressed apple juice.
This experience involves walking over uneven grassy paths, so sturdy footwear is recommended.
Dates:- 26th February/ 12th March /26th March.
Should you wish to make this experience part of an overnight stay at Bluebell Lane Glamping, you can avail of a discounted accommodation in conjunction with the event to suit your requirements which include;
1 overnight stay in a handcrafted Pod – £80; or
1 overnight stay in the Shepard’s Hut – £90; or
1 overnight stay in the Cottage – £140
All accommodation packages are inclusive of bed linen and subject to availability.
Discounted accommodation rates available only on Sat 29th January, Sat 26th February & Sat 26th March and only in conjunction with Sing for your Supper.
Contact [email protected] for accommodation bookings. Please quote SINGFORYOURSUPPER upon enquiry.