The Rural Health Partnership, based in Cullyhanna provide the people living in south Armagh who are experiencing symptoms of mental health problems with a range of opportunities that otherwise would not be available. Through this project, these people are ensured better quality support, access to training, education and employment opportunities.
This improves their mental and emotional well being and builds their skills, knowledge, confidence and self esteem. By breaking down barriers and busting myths, the wider community are able to support people affected by mental health which in turn ensures their fuller integration into wider society.
The Rural Health Partnership are organising a number of workshops across south Armagh in the month of June:-
- Couch 2 10K Bike Ride on Tuesday [email protected] 7.30pm. Meet at Wald Centre. This will be a weekly easy route and suitable for those who have not been on a bike for years.If you have No Bike please contact us. For More information Tel: 028 30861220.
- Wellness Programme 6 Sessions Friday 24th May-Friday 28th June 2019 at 11.00am in Mullaghbawn Hall. Everyone welcome. Admission FREE. Contact 07704238713.
- Whose Life are You Living? A Motivational Evening Talk by Kathleen Tuite in Creggan Church Hall on Wednesday 12th June at 7.00pm- 9.00pm.
- First Aid for Parents delivered by McKenna First Aid Training in the Wald Centre on Tuesday 18th June at 6.30-9.30pm.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training Thursday 20th & Friday 21st June 2019 in the Wald Center, Cullyhanna. 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (registration from 9:00 am each day). This course is fully funded through Public Health Agency; therefore there will be no cost to participants. Booking Essential. 028 30861220 [email protected]
- Cancer Awareness for Women – Breast & Cervical Cancer. Lislea Commnity Shed Thursday 13th June 6.30pm-8.00pm. Mullaghbawn Community Hall Friday 21st June 11.00am – 1.00pm. St Killians- Whitecross Thursday 27th June 11.00am – 1.00pm. Bowel Cancer, Lislea Community Shed Thursday 20th June, 6.30pm-8.00pm.
- Pilates for Men in Lislea Community Shed on Tuesday 25th June 11.30-12.30pm. Booking Essential.
- Time for me – The story of Carrickmacross Lace in Slieve Gullion Credit Union, Forkhill at 11am-1.00pm on Wednesday 26th June.
For more information on any of these courses email [email protected] or 028 30861220.