When most people think of South Armagh they identify with the area around Slieve Gullion and Crossmaglen. However, there is an alternative South Armagh which needs to be explored. Join us for a tour of the northern and western sections of South Armagh where we explore:
- the origins of the Orange Order,
- the world of the 1798 Rebellion,
- the Dissenter tradition,
- outstanding local figures who stood up against repressive landlords,
- the landlords themselves, and
- the literature which sprang from the inspiring landscape.
It is a whole day immersed in history, culture and literature, as you’ve never experienced it before.
There will be a stop for lunch in Crossmaglen; you are welcome to bring a packed lunch or take advantage of one of the many cafés in the town.
Cost: Adults – £15, Concession – £12
Booking essential, via Eventbrite
For further information: Contact Kevin on +4428 3087 8453 / [email protected]