A fully guided coach tour taking in the most impressive sights and monuments the Ring of Gullion has to offer.
Una Walsh, our local guide will lead you on your journey through the breathtaking landscape of the area whilst enlightening you about the rich natural, built, archaeological and cultural heritage, not forgetting the many myths and legends in which the area is steeped.
The tour will stop in Crossmaglen for approximately 45 minutes at around 12.30pm – you can bring along your own packed lunch or visit any of the several cafés in town.
Feedback from 2017 tours:
“The Lifelong Learners, mainly retired people from every background, enjoyed a ‘day out of time’ thanks to Una’s superb commentary and detailed knowledge of the history and culture of her native area. All agreed that they had had a marvellous day in south Armagh thanks largely to the enthusiasm and expertise of our expert guide.” Dr Éamon Phoenix, Head of Lifelong Learning at Stranmillis Univesity College,Historian/Historical Consultant, broadcaster and member of the Taoiseach’s Expert Advisory Group on Centenaries.
“On behalf of Causeway U3A, thank you very much for the wonderful outing to the Ring of Gullion last Wednesday. We were astounded by how many interesting things there were to see and to hear so much of the local history from Una. She was amazing. Mickey was also great – good driver and also very good humored, even when we dragged a load of cut grass into the bus at Moyry Castle!”
Adults – £15 adult
Concession – £12 (16 & under, 60 & over and students with a valid student card)
Payment– Payment will be on the day of the tour or call into the Ring of Gullion Office in Crossmaglen. Please bring the exact amount as no change will be given. Please leave enough time before the tour to pay for the tour.
- Saturday 18th August- 10.30am-4.30pm. Click here to book.
- Wednesday 22nd August -10.30am-4.30pm. Click here to book.
- Saturday 25th August- 10.30am-4.30pm. Click here to book.
- Wednesday 29th August -10.30am-4.30pm. Click here to book.
- Saturday 1st September – 10.30am-4.30pm. Click here to book.
- Wednesday 5th September – 10.30am-4.30pm. Click here to book. Fully booked.
- Saturday 8th September – 10.30am-4.30pm. Click here to book.
- Wednesday 12th September- 10.30am-4.30pm. Click here to book.
- Saturday 15th September-10.30am-4.30pm. Click here to book.