The Loughs Agency has an interesting morning seminar organised for Friday 15th. The topics are around the theme of maritime heritage and there is an interesting blend of subjects – emigration, wrecks, canals, geology, ports and more!
The event will conclude with a networking lunch and participation is free of charge to participants.
The seminar will be held at Carlingford Lough Yacht Club, Killowen nr Rostrevor, commencing at 10:00am.
If you are interested in attending, please book a place with Marion (by email to [email protected] or phone her on 028 7134 2100 ).
The titles of the talks are –
- Migration through Carlingford Lough – arrivals and departures
- Modern Navigation on Carlingford Lough
- Carlingford Lough Commission, Newry Port and Warrenpoint Harbour… a Rich Heritage
- The Carlingford Lough Shipping Disaster of 1937
- Bogs, Battles and Butter… Newry Canal – the first 100 years 1741- 1841
- Geology and Seascape from Greenore to Cranfield