Join Meditation Coach and Shinrin Yoku practitioner, Ann Ward from Xhale, for a special Shinrin Yoku (Forest Bathing) event for International Stress Awareness Week within the nurturing haven of Slieve Gullion Forest. Forest Bathing is an evidence-based stress prevention intervention, introduced in the 1980’s in Japan.
It is an opportunity to slow down, allowing your mind and body to truly rest, supporting you to feel more grounded and centred. The forest is a restorative environment and supports stress prevention in the following ways:
- Two hours in the forest will help boost your immune system for up to 10 days;
- stabilises blood pressure and heart rate;
- lowers the production of stress hormones;
- relaxes muscles and the nervous system;
- boosts mood, energy levels and promotes creativity and sleep.
Ann will gently introduce you to ‘Forest Bathing’ which is the art of connecting with nature through your senses. She will use a number of invitations to help you to slow down, disconnect from the business of life and support your re-connection with nature through your senses, within the nurturing haven of Slieve Gullion forest. The experience includes foraged refreshments in the forest.
For further information and booking: Contact Ann Ward by email: [email protected] or call: +4478 1683 5147.