The management teams the Ring of Gullion, the Mournes and Strangford and Lecale AONBs are launching their joint Photography Competition to highlight the beauty of these special areas for 2021.
This gives individuals across the three areas another great way to showcase their love of their AONB through high-quality beautiful photography; We want to inspire everyone to enjoy the AONBs, by encouraging everyone to share their two passions: the beauty of the area and photography!
The theme for this year’s competition is “Nature in my AONB”.
The theme is open to individual interpretation. You might choose to photo wildlife (which includes animals and plants), landscapes, or even the weather. Visit https://www.ringofgullion.org/gallery-category/photography-competition/ to see photos entered and winners in the past few years.
The Photography Competition will run until the 1st September 2021.
The winning prize for overall photo is £100 with the runners up in the over 14’s receiving £25 and £25 for Under 14’s.
You and your winning entries will also enjoy a wealth of publicity on our website on all our social media and local media.
The top 13 will feature in 2022 AONBs Calendar.
Please download the rules of entry below as we have added some new rules to give everyone a chance or call the Ring of Gullion/ Strangford and Lecale AONB Officers on for more information. Pictures of domestic animals (eg pets), animals in captivity and cultivated plants are not eligible. PLEASE NOTE – Only photos taken in the 3 AONBs will be accepted. You can view the boundary by clicking here.
Timetable for Competition
- The competition is open for entries.
- Closing date is 5pm is 1st September 2021.
- Overall Winners will be announced in October 2021.
- The Calendar featuring all the winners will be available from December 2021.
- Under 14
- Over 14
Annual Photo Comp (see the rules for full list of requirements).
- Entrants can submit up to four photos as an electronic copy (max 10mb) in colour or black and white. Hard copy images cannot be accepted. It is recommended to be at least 1200 pixels on the longest length.
- A high-resolution image with a minimum of 6MB, preferably over 10MB, will be requested if entries are shortlisted and entrants may be disqualified at the judge’s discretion if high resolution images are not provided when requested.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers and, for the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.